Reba Set To Release Double Gospel Album
Reba is set to a new gospel album, “Sing It Now: Songs of Faith & Hope” on Feb. 3, 2017, a 2-CD, 21-song set.
McEntire is releasing the set through Nash Icon Records and Capitol Christian Music Group. This is McEntire’s second Christian-themed release in five months. In September, she put out a Christmas album.
“‘Sing It Now'” was the perfect title for this album because the message and melody throughout the song connects the dots between the traditional hymns I grew up on and new music that has been uplifting for me in challenging times,” said Reba.
McEntire also includes the first tune she ever sang in public, “Jesus Loves Me,” a former Reba co-star’s suggestion of “Oh Happy Day” and an introduction from a close associate to “From The Inside Out.” Collaborating with daughter-in-law Kelly Clarkson and Trisha Yearwood, “Softly and Tenderly” is available tomorrow with a new track each week leading up to the release.
McEntire Reba co-produced the album with Jay DeMarcus of Rascal Flatts in his home studio and band leader/musical director Doug Sisemore.
“Music conjures up great memories and goes hand and hand with us McEntires,” said Reba. “Mama, Susie and Alice even came into the studio with me to record ‘I’ll Fly Away,’ all of us gathered around an old hymnal straight from the Chockie church.”
McEntire will feature the new music with her first-ever headline show at Nashville’s Ryman Auditorium on Feb. 15, 2017.
The track listing is:
1. Jesus Loves Me | Written by William Batchelder Bradbury | Arrangement by Reba McEntire
2. Oh, How I Love Jesus* | Written by Frederick Whitfield | Arrangement by Jay DeMarcus, Tim Akers
3. When The Roll Is Called Up Yonder | Written by James Milton Black | Arrangement by Reba McEntire, Catherine Marx, Doug Sisemore
4. Oh Happy Day* | Written by Edward Francis Rimbault | Arrangement by Jay DeMarcus, Tim Akers
5. Amazing Grace | Written by John Newton | Arrangement by Reba McEntire, Doug Sisemore
6. I’ll Fly Away | Written by Albert E. Brumley | Arrangement by Reba McEntire, Doug Sisemore
7. In The Garden / Wonderful Peace (Medley) (featuring The Isaacs)* | “In The Garden” written by Austin C. Miles | “Wonderful Peace” written by Warren D. Cornell | Medley Arrangement by Jay DeMarcus, Tim Akers
8. Swing Low Sweet Chariot / Swing Down Chariot (Medley) | Written by Wallace Willis | Arrangement by Reba McEntire, Doug Sisemore
9. How Great Thou Art | Written by Stuart K. Hine | Arrangement by Doug Sisemore
10. Softly And Tenderly (feat. Kelly Clarkson and Trisha Yearwood) | Written by Will Lamartine Thompson | Arrangement by Doug Sisemore
1. Sing It Now* | Written by Michael Farren, Joseph Habedank, Tony Wood
2. Angels Singin’ | Written by Jessi Alexander, Sarah Buxton, Steve Moakler
3. God And My Girlfriends | Written by Patricia Conroy, Lisa Hentrich, Marcia Ramirez
4. Hallelujah, Amen | Written by Dave Barnes, Lucie Silvas, Jeremy Spillman
5. There Is A God* | Written by Chris DuBois, Ashley Gorley
6. I Got The Lord On My Side | Written by Reba McEntire, Jackie McEntire
7. Back To God | Written by Dallas Davidson, Randy Houser
8. Angel On My Shoulder* | Written by Leigh Reynolds, Amber White, Philip White
9. From The Inside Out | Written by Amy Fletcher
10. Say A Prayer* | Written by Michael Dulaney, Jason Sellers, Neil Thrasher
11. Hidden Track (physical only): Jesus Loves Me (Reprise) | Written by William Batchelder Bradbury | Arrangement by Reba McEntire
December 16th, 2016