SALES PROFESSIONAL OPENING
THE AUSTIN RADIO NETWORK is seeking talented SALES PROFESSIONALS who thrive in a fast-paced working environment. Candidates must be highly competitive individuals with a proven track record of over-achieving sales goals.
This position is for self-motivated individuals who can communicate our brands effectively to clients and advertising agencies in the Austin area.
- Must be a top sales performer with a track record of over-achieving sales goals
- Possess the ability to identify client needs and develop customized advertising solutions to meet client objectives
- Excel at prospecting and aggressively seeking new clientele by networking, cold calling, referrals or other means
- Have strong listening and presentation skills and the ability to quickly build client relationships
- Be a proactive problem solver
- This is a commission based full time position
- Minimum of 2-years advertising/sales experience
- Valid Driver’s License, transportation, and required insurance
- College Degree preferred
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A culture that encourages creative thinking
- A culture that fosters personal and professional growth
- Competitive pay with uncapped earning potential
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance package
The Austin Radio Network is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to
We are currently seeking Morning Show, Promotions and Sales interns. If you are interested in the radio business, this is a great place to build experience!
Interns will be responsible for preparing materials for the broadcast, updating the station website and social media accounts, editing and cutting the show podcast, doing other tasks as assigned by radio staff, and more!
This internship is unpaid, but can qualify for class credit. Recent graduates seeking experience are encouraged to apply.
Submit a resume and cover letter to .
Provides programming and control board support to On-Air Talent.
• Operates control board for studios and remote programming.
• Regulates program timing, operates syndicated programming, and plays commercials.
• Monitors the technical quality and accuracy of incoming and outgoing on-air programming from master control room.
• Supports off-air commercial production, dubbing music to hard disk and programming automation computers.
• Protects station’s license by censoring live programs and deleting words/phrases not permitted on air.
• Executes playlists for server, tape, or simulcast programming.
• Assists with adjusting signal and programming content to ensure transmission meets federally mandated broadcast standards.
• Processes time-out programming for accurate play back.
• Monitors and updates weather, traffic and news reports into automation equipment.
• Checks studio equipment for proper functioning and notifies Engineering of technical malfunctions affecting quality of the broadcast.
• Screens in-coming phone calls and selectively chooses callers for On-Air Talent and talk shows.
• Handles emergency inserts (e.g. news updates, breaking stories, alert system tests, etc.).
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Windows, Adobe Audition or similar audio editing software, Wide Orbit or similar automation system
• Time management and attention to detail
• Ability to work without close supervision
• Flexibility in work schedule, including evenings, overnight and weekends
• Functions well in a fast-paced environment with tight timeframes and multiple demands
• Works well in a team environment
• 6 months in a related role and/or technical training
• High school graduate or G.E.D.
Austin , Texas
Position Type: Part Time
The Austin Radio Network is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to